TEI and the SJSU College of Business are sponsoring a timely conference - The State of Tax Policy in California, on Friday, February 11, 2011, 8:30 am - 5:15 pm, at the Crowne Plaza Cabana in Palo Alto.
If you are interested in knowing more about California's tax and budget challenges, I hope you will register to attend. Details and registration information:
Fee (includes lunch and materials):
- $130 General ($115 TEI member)
- $ 65 Government and non-profit
Program includes 7 hours of continuing education credit (based on California State Board of Accountancy rules); approval pending for 3.5 hours of MCLE.
- Dr. Nancy Sidhu, Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation
- Scott Hodge, Tax Foundation
- Michael Coleman, California League of Cities
- Dean Andal, PwC, former member CA legislature and Board of Equalization
- Carley Robert, Morrison & Foerster
And I'll be presenting on my favorite topic of principles of good tax policy.
There will also be time for discussion and sharing of ideas among attendees.