Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Tax filings for same-sex couples

Married couples files as married for federal and state tax purposes. If they are in a civil union or registered domestic partnership, the couple is not considered married for federal tax purposes, but may be for state purposes (check state law).  Here is a recent article by Tracy Byrnes with TheStreet on the topic with some reminders.

No comments: