Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2016

9th Anniversary of the 21st Century Taxation Blog

Today is the 9th anniversary of when I started this blog!  I try to post at least once per week and this is my 871th post!  I get about three to five thousand views per month.  That keeps me going.
I started this blog when I was a fellow with the New America Foundation, charged with getting new ideas out, such as through op eds and articles.  I thought the blog would be a good additional technique and was a new thing back in 2007.

My goal continues to be focused on tax policy matters.  More specifically, how to modernize our tax systems and ensure they meet principles of good tax policy.

For this 9th anniversary, I'll note one topic I plan to focus on more over the next year - increased transparency in our tax systems and better tax literacy for all individuals.  More on this later (although I did recently post on it - 4/16/16 post.


4 comments:

L. Carpenter, CPA said...

Congratulations on your blog-iversary, Professor Nellen! I always look forward to your updates. Your writing is very down to earth and makes a complex subject understandable. Thank you for keeping us informed, and may you continue to do so well into the future.

stevenjared0853 said...

That is a great news and congratulations to you on this special day for achieving a milestone. I celebrated my company anniversary party at one of iconic Chicago event venues few days ago. Everyone was happy with all arrangements.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for taking the time for you personally to share such a nice info. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share.
________________________
Boekhouder amsterdam

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all. Thanks for publishing really nice information about taxation and all the other interesting stuff. Keep it up and good work!